Tuesday 25 September 2012

[cobirds] Re: Mountain Chickadee in Littleton

On Monday, September 24, 2012 6:46:20 PM UTC-6, NicMar wrote:
> Hi Birders.  I had a Mountain Chickadee in my backyard yesterday.  He appeared to be by himself, feeding on peanut splits.  I suspect he may have been a first year, as the cap on top of his head was not completely filled in with black; there was a small white patch in the center of his black cap.  His behavior was also different than my regular Chickadees.  He fed in a frenetic, somewhat aggressive fashion.  Has anyone else ever seen one at this elevation?
>
>
>  
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicolle Martin
>
> Littleton

Nicole -

I live near Orchard Road and S. University Blvd. I have observed Mountain Chickadees at my backyard feeders periodically - particularly in the fall. They definitely like the peanuts but will go for whole sunflower seeds as well.

Gary Witt
Greenwood Village

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cobirds/-/T10Zk_XIhCwJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment