Sunday 30 September 2012

[cobirds] Black-throated Blue Warbler---Denver West / Jeffco

Today, I decided to try Denver West Business Park.  I usually visit this place later in the fall when the Yellow-rumped Warblers flock up and sometimes have something good mixed in.  I ran into a pretty good mixed flock near the small statue park.  This area is adjacent to the neighborhood to the east that has great shrubbery, a small stream, trees, and cover.  I had a fast moving large flock that included Bushtits, Orange-crowned Warblers, Red-breasted Nuthatches, Black-capped Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatch, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Downy Woodpecker, and a BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER.  The bird was 15 feet up in a cottonwood and disappeared with the rest of the flock toward the neighborhood that borders the park. I made the mistake of going for a photo instead of following the bird.  I ran into several flocks that contained many Yellow-rumps  but the flock with the Black-throated Blue didn't have any.  I had a Hairy Woodpecker and only one Wilson's Warbler.




Mark Chavez
Lakewood-Green Mtn
http://jaeger29.smugmug.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment