Saturday 15 May 2021

[cobirds] Black-throated Sparrow in El Paso County

After a fabulous 5 hour long birding hike at Cheyenne Mountain State Park (we saw lots of Ovenbirds, Warbling Vireos and so much more), I was on my way home and noticed a sparrow fly into a bush by the roundabout close to the exit.  I decided to park my car and take a look.  As I approached the bush, the bird came flying out and flew across the road.  I got a good enough glimpse of the bird that I knew it was a bird I have never seen before.  I didn't know what it was, but I knew it was rare.  I followed it over and over from bush to bush until I got a decent photo.  I am so glad I did because it turned out to be a lifer bird... a Black-throated Sparrow.  It was a great ending to a great birding day.  

Cinnamon Bergeron
Colorado Springs

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CANESPGkgWRebOwefsG1CtAeDjZ5sa_4QoqdNEyw%2Bbv44nBFfNA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment