Friday 21 September 2018

[cobirds] Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Jefferson County

Hi all,

I have been gone all morning.  The hummer is being seen at the back feeder. After looking at some great photos of the bird, I see some details which I could not pick up before. The pictures show no buff edging on the upperparts, which make's me say this is most likely an adult female. Again, short to medium size bill, black lores, very, very white underparts, notched tail, emerald green upperparts, with primary 10 being narrowed at the tip, more so than the tip of Primary 9. Tail is longer than wing tips when the bird is sitting. Bird looks to me to be sort of chunky. 


PLEASE, first email me, or leave a phone message, as to when you might stop by. You do not need to hear back from me. 


I appreciate you viewing from where the chairs are located. Do not walk around the yard or move the chairs. I have them located at a distance that the Hummingbird is comfortable with.


I may not be home tomorrow to post, so if someone sees this bird, feel free to post.


Happy Birding!

Tina Jones

4400 Bow Mar Dr.

Littleton, CO, Jefferson County

No comments:

Post a Comment