Saturday 22 September 2018

[cobirds] 2, Ruby-throated Hummingbirds,Jefferson County,Littleton

Yes, there are 2 Ruby-throated hummingbirds in my yard. I saw the second one today and apparently it was seen by some others on,9/20. The original one is still here but the second one is getting skittish. This second one has a small red spot on the lower part of it's throat. This same one has buffy grayish flanks .

I am still waiting to hear back from the expert on Hummingbird ID as to what sex and age these 2 hummers might be. This is a great opportunity for learning, and says to me, that hummingbirds can be very, very, difficult to ID, which I think they are. Sometimes as with some other bird species, the ID may take time or the ID may not be exactly as we wish. I have my own opinion about these Ruby-throated, and it might be different from other folks.


PLEASE, ONLY SIT in the chairs where they are in the Backyard, and in the Frontyard. I CAN NOT have individuals walking around the yard. It is dry and the Ruby-throated leaves if you stand up or walk around. I want everyone to be able to see these birds and one of the birds is more skittish as of today. Do not expect to see 2 Ruby-throated. You are lucky if you see one, and one is skittish, big time, and is in a different place every day, and it can move around a lot to anywhere.


There is a sign in booklet in a ziplock, on a chair in the patio. Please sign it and include your town. Thank you all for being considerate. I'll post Sunday, mid morning, If I see 1, or more Ruby-throated.


Tina Jones

Littleton, CO, Jefferson, CO.


No comments:

Post a Comment