Friday 3 May 2024

[cobirds] Crow Valley Campground-Weld

Hi COBirders,

I contacted the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests & Pawnee National Grassland's office in Ft. Collins this morning & brought the situation at CVCG to their attention. I stressed the extreme fire danger under these circumstances.

I offered volunteer help in coordination with the Forest Service for cleaning up the campground. They said they would need to contact the managers on the Pawnee as well as their volunteer coordinator but they did sound enthusiastic about the idea.

I am willing to coordinate but I leave the country this afternoon and will not be back until May 18. 

I am reaching out to anyone on COBirds that might be willing to at least talk to them in my absence if they need to contact someone before the 18th regarding this effort.

Please contact me at hopko at comcast.net if you are willing.

Thinking that this is something Joe Roller would have organized…

R.
-----------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment