Tuesday 28 May 2024

[cobirds] Red-headed Woodpecker near San Luis

How often do you get to see the same bird, twice in two days? I think I did. Yesterday at Sanchez Reservoir, I saw a Red-headed Woodpecker fly into a cottonwood tree. Today, with the binocs and cameras left behind, I saw a Red-headed Woodpecker about 5 miles north of where I had seen it yesterday. I believe it was the same bird. As this bird wanders north, I would expect it at Smith Reservoir in a few days. 

This species is considered rare in the San Luis Valley. Best way to see rare birds down here is to take your fishing pole instead of camera and binocs! I should know better!

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate.
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/0a5d3c08-0d4a-4b60-ab84-8a24c063efd5n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment