Saturday 25 February 2017

[cobirds] Western Kingbird today! Arapahoe county

I couldn't believe my eyes. Cherry Creek State Park, Arapahoe Co. As I pulled into the parking lot, I assumed the bird was a Say's Phoebe, until it turned around! I watched it for quite some time, flying into the air to catch insects, flying back to a tree. Occasionally went to the ground to get a bug.
After awhile it flew away, but not before I took lots of pictures. Another woman in the parking lot turned out to be a birder, and she agreed it was a Western Kingbird.
Yellow belly, gray chest and head. Narrow white outer edges on dark tail. Typical Kingbird behavior. Definitely Western, not Cassin's.
About to record it in Ebird, with some pics. Oh, and with the other birds I saw. LOL

Susan Rosine
Thornton

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/40198c67-4090-4f6f-94a5-82019295061f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment