Monday 27 February 2017

[cobirds] Sage Thrasher, Longmont!

(See pictures at very bottom)
Hi everyone, 

About an hour and a half ago (2:45) as I was walking home from school I had what appeared to be an early SAGE THRASHER pop up about 10-15 feet away from me. I took some iPhone pictures of it making some sort of alarm call and  I have cropped them to hopefully make them more identifiable. It was north of the Altona Midddle School, on the bike path off of Grandveiw Meadows Dr. about 35-45 yards(ish) down the trail east of the underpass perched in a small tree/bush. When I finished taking pictures and looked up again it flew another 30 feet or so up trail(east) and perched at the top of one of the red bushes. I have never had them this early and especially in Longmont, it was a huge surprise to have it there. Tommorow I will look for it again, and hopefully get some good pictures to share. And please tell me if you think it could be anything different.

Luke Pheneger
Longmont Colorado

Other species include: 
Song sparrow(heard)
Tree sparrow 
Cackling goose

    

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CALhMPZeWPyu8cqZcw4FiLsq0QHf4JOkFuubAU2Wku4s8hZmchQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment