Sunday 19 February 2017

[cobirds] Re: On less Collared-Dove.....

A friend of mine showed me a picture of young great horned owlets on a nest, with Eurasian Collared Dove tail feathers scattered around the edge of the nest. GHO must like them as well.

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 6:53:47 PM UTC-7, Scott Somershoe wrote:
After a busy week, I came home to find an adult female Sharp-shinned Hawk in the process of killing a Eurasian Collared-Dove in my side yard. Unfortunately I accidentally spooked her and she flew. The dove was still alive but never budged. From a vantage point, I managed to confirm she came back 15 min later, made the kill (lots more feathers around and she'd moved it a little and plucked a lot), and subsequently flew off with her late afternoon snack.

Before going back to the not-yet-dead-dove, she perched in our neighbors back yard and my continuing flock of lesser goldfinches were unperturbed. I still have about 10 or so daily.

I love feeding the birds!

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO

Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/f139299b-9bad-4691-9ef0-35054d0319c4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment