Monday 29 August 2016

[cobirds] Wray Area (Yuma Co)

I visited Wray in Yuma County yesterday, birdy at 9 a.m. despite hot, dry, slightly windy conditions. At Stalker Lake I had Warbling Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, thought I had Philadelphia Vireo but in my opinion it's a difficult ID, I'll study photos and add to this post if it shows up in my camera. Orange-crowned, Yellow, and Wilson's Warblers, a single female Northern Cardinal, three Baltimore Orioles, Blue-headed Grosbeak, Peregrine Falcon. I walked the Wray Fish Hatchery road which was very active despite 11 a.m. heat...notable were four more Baltimore Orioles, roosting Common Nighthawk, a flock of Wild Turkeys with young, Olive-sided Flycatcher, numerous Red-headed Woodpeckers, Eastern Downy Woodpecker, and a pair of Eastern Bluebirds.

Dan Stringer
Larkspur, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/d0a6f12a-7da9-4e0e-8d76-2062d8216969%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment