Saturday 27 August 2016

[cobirds] N Waterthrush (2), CSR, El Paso Co, Sat.

Hi again COBirders,

Two more NOWA's were banded today at Clear Spring Ranch (17 for August).  I had a good arrival of warblers mid morning, with the NOWA's, 7 Com Yellowthroats (my most in one day), and 5 Wilson's Warblers. Not so many sparrows, but 5 Savannah Sparrows (16 for August, one in previous 4 falls), and a couple more Lazuli Buntings (61 for August).

My numbers of banded birds are off-the-charts this month. My previous best SEASON was 525 birds, and I have 650 so far this MONTH. Looks like many species had high rates of successful reproduction this summer. The Chipping Sparrows are running about 5:1 on Hatch Year: Adult numbers.  365 Chipping Sparrows so far - compared to my best previous year of 95 in 2015 - but those were almost all in October.

Still having fun!  It is nice to actually have some good data points for comparison!  Hope this isn't boring for you yet.

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs


No comments:

Post a Comment