Friday 4 October 2019

Re: [cobirds] Munia or Seed-Finch in Boulder

Edith Israel on CFO said this may be an escapee from the aviary at ManorCare down the road (I didn't know they had one). They guy who cares for the birds there (Trevor) is supposed to call me tomorrow, hopefully he'll know if they have seed-finches (or munia), and if they had one escape recently. I should probably visit just to see what they have there, in case this happens again. 8^(

Hi all,

I took the liberty of sending the pics to Alvaro Jaramillo (much experience with seed-finches) and he says: 

Impossible to know (species) without a male and out of range I would say. Most likely a Lesser/Chestnut-bellied, as these are common and widespread. They are also traded heavily in Argentina from what I recall, so are likely in the international market
Alvaro 
 
------------------------------
Rachel Hopper
rkhphotography.net
r-hopper@comcast.net
Ft. Collins, CO



--   Ernest M. Crvich  Boulder, CO, USA, Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment