Monday 28 October 2019

Re: [cobirds] Possible Yellow-billed Loon, Cherry Creek State Park

Cole, in my opinion the bill is too small, not yellow enough and the head is too dark. However better photos could prove me wrong. 

Good birding,

Nick Komar
Fort Collins

On Oct 28, 2019, at 7:52 PM, Cole Sage <colesage03@gmail.com> wrote:

I saw what I believe is a Yellow-billed Loon at Cherry Creek State Park Lake loop. 

Ebird checklist with photos:
Ebird comments copied below:
Seen from lake loop and observation area by me and another birder (I am so sorry but your name has slipped my mind). We both noticed that the bird seemed to have an unusually yellow bill that seemed slightly upturned. On closer examination I could find no black on the tip. Based on what I have read all common loons should have a black tip(?). The bird was far away so pics are cropped.

I have only seen one Yellow-billed Loon so please correct me if I am wrong...

Cole Sage, Denver 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAJQAGthKUHUWE6M86bhapjedw%2BSNNdgn8jp_bPs3CUikMxp%3DLA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment