Monday 7 October 2019

[cobirds] Pipit Hill (Yuma) 10/7--Sprague's Pipit

Hi Everyone,

 

I spent this morning 10/7 in Yuma County at the Hutton Easement of South Republican SWA, up on what is known as Pipit Hill, a mile in from YCR LL.5. No wind to speak of, and good birds. I counted three Sprague’s Pipits, about 15 Chestnut-collared Longspurs, a few meadowlarks, a flock of Brewer’s Blackbirds going over, a smattering of Horned Larks, a group of Killdeer up by the windmill, and a Prairie Falcon. The pipits were flighty, but called a lot. I had numerous good flight views, including the very white tail. I had one on the ground, but I think we saw each other at about the same time. On the way home, I stopped at Stalker Lake, not much going on there. I stopped at Riverside Park in Ft Morgan; I heard a Green-tailed Towhee near the river.

 

Mark Miller

Longmont, CO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment