Wednesday 22 May 2019

[cobirds] Re: Western Tanagers - Arapahoe/Littleton/Centennial

I'll add that I've had about a half-dozen Western Tanagers (mostly adult males) at my suet in west Centennial (Arapahoe Co.) over the past 48 hours. A female Lazuli Bunting is visiting my platform feeder too. Yesterday, a Western Kingbird spent some time flycatching in my yard. I've had flybys of them before; this was my first genuine visit. I tried, as I always do, to transform it through sheer will into a Cassin's. 

Of special note is a continuing junco (Gray-headed) that has been part of a pair visiting my yard for the last month. Keeping an eye on this late visitor...

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 1:13:28 PM UTC-6, Rosanne Juergens wrote:
Ventured along the Mary Carter Greenway 7pm Tues 5/21 and saw one Western Tanager and one Bullock's Oriole. Located just north of Bowles bridge to first pedestrian bridge, coming from tennis dome parking lot. https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56606810

Then again today I had one Western Tanager at my suet along with a female Black-headed Grosbeak (South Sherman & Arapahoe Rd).

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG


Fun stuff!

Rosanne Juergens
Centennial

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/93725cb9-e7ef-4dee-a97c-fc6cc9e4e578%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment