Tuesday 21 May 2019

[cobirds] Chico Basin 5/21

Hey y'all,
Spent about 3.5 hours at Chico Basin Ranch this morning, with no luck refinding the Canada or Mourning Warblers. The MOWA was seen very early by some but the Canada was not seen at all as of when I left. Still, very birdy especially around Headquarters. Some highlights around Headquarters (Pueblo):
2 Veerys
countless Swainsons Thrushes
2 Northern Waterthrushes
1 Ovenbird
1 American Redstart
3-4 Least Flycatchers
3 "Traills" Flycatchers
Summer Tanager and Red eyed Vireo were seen by others but I personally didn't get eyes on them.

The Banding Station was much less active, although it yielded what was probably the best bird of the day for me, a Gray-cheeked Thrush right around the parking area. I got some mediocre photos that I will post later. Not much else of note to report, although I was a bit crunched for time and wasn't able to cover the banding area as well as I could have.

Hope those who lingered longer than I had better luck with the Mourning and Canada!

Cheers,
Sam Fason, Colorado Spgs.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/ad3849e9-5c63-4ab5-9dd1-987121ba6b86%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment