Friday 14 September 2018

[cobirds] Re: FORK-TAILED FLYCATCHER near Rawhide Power Plant (Larimer)



Greetings all.  I bolted out to Rawhide as soon as I could after hearing about and seeing a photo of the Fork-tailed Flycatcher. I searched far and wide, taxing my car on a rutted out two-track, up and down Co Rd 5 and the roads to the West but came up empty. I counted 8 other birders  while I was out there and I haven't heard of anyone else seeing it. It's anybody's guess where it got off to.

I was under the impression that it was seen around 9 am but that was wrong. It was seen around 6 am and I started searching around 2 pm, eight hours after the fact.

I did see a photo and have no doubts about the identification. It was dark above with a black cap, white underneath and the eponymous tail streamers. I would post the photo but it's not mine and not my decision to. I will certainly ask for permission and put it up if okayed.

David Wade
Ft Collins 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/4cc3248b-2119-49e6-a14a-0f6584babf3c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment