Friday 6 October 2023

[cobirds] Sandhill Saga, Custer County

OK, I know this is hard to believe, but in the hour and a half since I wrote that bit about the huge numbers of cranes, I saw 1300 more.  (Yes, that's the correct order of magnitude.).  So that brings the day's total of birds I saw to 2,340 -- but I'm confident that the 3 flocks I heard but didn't see brings that up to 2,600 at least -- plus all those that flew over while I was inside and didn't hear them.  Totally amazing!

The sun is now down and it's getting cold so I'm assuming they're done for the day.  Oh no, there's another flock flying over right now.

Mary Kay Waddington

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAA-Db7egq0NF0sw0GGuHJsTXpKJ79DXXehaAqnPBv_bjKRUGAw%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment