Friday 8 July 2022

[cobirds] Warbling Vireo - Centennial (Arapahoe)

Yesterday, a Warbling Vireo, singing in a Siberian Elm tree in my yard, surprised me. I'm not accustomed to them appearing locally so late in the summer. A quick search of eBird's range map and the Colorado Breeding Bird Atlas species data, though, showed me it's not uncommon at all - at least at the county level! 

Funny thing about Warbling Vireos and me: I almost never recognize their songs. It always takes me long, long observations to place them. Only after hearing two, three, four in a season can I begin to hope to identify them by song.

Also around Centennial: Cordilleran Flycatchers continue in multiple locations along the High Line Canal in Greenwood Village and Centennial. I also heard a Yellow-breasted Chat, uncommon in the hyperlocal area I bird, singing from the Little Dry Creek.

Chipping Sparrows are singing from many parks and other tree-lined areas.  

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/d0733dd0-1136-4026-a84c-527118c01390n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment