Wednesday 19 June 2019

[cobirds] Help identifying a bird.

I have a question and I'm not sure if this is the place to ask it, but here goes!

Today while driving in the south metro area; Belleview and University, a large bird flew over.
This bird is one I've never seen in flight as it had long feathers atop its head.
The birds colors were mostly white/black; not an osprey. The bird was very large like a raptor or a large water bird of some sort. I feel it was flying more like a water bird.
From below the feathers atop its head looked 5-6" long.
To no avail, I can not find a photo online or in my reference book matching, or even close.
Was I seeing things... 😉
Thank you in advance if you have an answer or can assist me with an answer!
Denice 💫

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/5b7755e0-9225-40f3-b448-94441c151cd9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment