Saturday 29 June 2019

[cobirds] help converting eBird JSON data to CSV

Dear techy birders,

I'm compiling data for a local breeding bird survey for which the observation data has been recorded in eBird.  Using the eBird API, I can easily download all the data for the relevant checklists in JSON format.  However, it would be easier to work with these checklists if they were in CSV format.  The python scripts I have used in the past to convert JSON to CSV don't seem to handle some of the downloaded checklist files.  I could use an online converter, several of which work great for this data, but there are about 120 checklists to deal with and that's a lot of cutting and pasting.

So, has anyone ever done this conversion successfully?  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!
Peter Ruprecht
Superior

No comments:

Post a Comment