Saturday 27 October 2012

[cobirds] Yellow-throated Warbler -- Pueblo City Park 10/27

Hi all,

Around 10:15am this morning, I was in Pueblo City Park, and with a flock of Yellow-rumped Warblers near the south east corner of the pond (in the middle of park), there was a Yellow-throated Warbler with them.  It was high up, in a sycamore tree I believe.  It didn't say long however, within ten minutes, Leon Bright came by, and bird had disappeared.  Hopefully the bird will turn up again.  Other highlights in City Park were 1 or 2 Red Crossbills and a Pygmy Nuthatch.

I walked west of the Pueblo Nature Center earlier in the morning, my highlights were a Swamp Sparrow and a Steller's Jay. 

East of the Valco Ponds parking lot, where the Fox, Swamp, and White-throated Sparrows were yesterday, I didn't see any of those birds today, though Leon Bright and I did see a Hermit Thrush in this area.

Good birding,
 

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment