Tuesday 23 October 2012

[cobirds] Very light Ferruginous Hawk and Evening Grosbeak in Colorado City

Yesterday I did some birding in the Colorado City area where I spotted this white and lightly marked (at least on underparts that were visible to me) hawk.  I got some photos and thought surely this was a Krider's Red-tailed Hawk.  I vetted it on a site where highly skilled birders give productive feedback on identification and found this was actually a very light and minimally marked juvenile Ferruginous Hawk.  I have posted photos of it on my Birds and Nature blog.

I also found a large number, about 60, Evening Grosbeaks in tall conifers at Pine St and Curtis Rd. 

I have photos of the Wetmore Wildfire west of Pueblo on my Birds and Nature blog also

Getting too late so more on my Colorado City birding tomorrow.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @ http://birdsandbloomsblog.com/author/seetta-moss/
Personal blog @ BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment