Sunday 28 October 2012

[cobirds] Greater White-fronted Geese and dark Harlan's Hawk back in Canon City today

The flock of 8 Greater White-fronted Geese that I posted earlier this week were back in the ag fields on the east side of MacKenzie Ave about a 1/2 north of the Arkansas River--about 6 pm.  Earlier today I spotted a dark Harlan's Hawk flying over Canon City.  It was distant so views were through my scope and no photos.  I suspect this is the dark morph Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk I spotted here a week ago. 

I have posted the photos of the 3 Harlan's Hawks I saw yesterday in Otero and eastern Pueblo Counties onto my Birds and Blooms blog.  (also a very creative and entertaining video clip called 'Follow the frog', it's a kick and a good message too).

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @ http://birdsandbloomsblog.com/author/seetta-moss/
Personal blog @ BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment