Saturday 27 October 2012

[cobirds] Harlan Red-tailed Hawks in Otero and Pueblo Counties

Today I birded in Otero and eastern Pueblo Counties.  I found 3 Harlan's Red-tailed Hawks (one appears to be the Harlan's I found last week).  Seems like a lot of Harlan's in southern Colorado this week.  Lake Henry and Lake Meredith both had even lower water levels but covered with thousands of birds.  I found 2 Wilson's Snipe, a Greater Yellowlegs and a flock of dowitchers (Long-billed I think).  Too many photos to do tonight so I will get photos of the 3 Harlan's and some of the other birds up on my Birds and Nature blog by tomorrow afternoon.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @ http://birdsandbloomsblog.com/author/seetta-moss/
Personal blog @ BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment