Saturday 18 September 2021

[cobirds] Costa's Hummingbird GONE?

Birders,

The immature male Costa's Hummingbird in my yard since September 10th
appears to have left, after a nine-day visit. This morning at 7:08, it
took a really long drink from one of the feeders, flew up to a perch,
and returned to my other feeder for another long drink at 7:12. I
haven't seen it since. I just spent an hour outside specifically looking
for it, and did not see it. My one remaining Black-chinned Hummingbird
fed unmolested two times around 9 a.m., something that was not common
during the Costa's reign.

I'm trying to get this out before others make the long drive to Las
Animas from practically anywhere.

I've had a great time hosting approximately 60 visitors over the past
nine days, and promise I got as much out of the experience as I gave. I
met new friends, and got to share something special with many people.
I'd highly recommend hosting a rare bird.

I won't update again unless the bird returns.

Thanks, everyone!

Duane Nelson

Las Animas, Bent County, CO

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/561d12e8-bdd7-6828-1bb3-172833037166%40centurytel.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment