Tuesday 24 October 2017

[cobirds] Sandhill Cranes - Arapahoe County

Hi all - 
I was in my backyard (Centennial, Arapahoe County) about 15 minutes ago and was greeted by the distinctive rattling, grunting calls of Sandhill Cranes. At first I couldn't see them but soon I saw 65 of them flying south probably hundreds of feet up. Nice species for my yard! Other present this morning include four, YES four Woodhouse's Scrub-Jays, and a handsome Red-breasted Nuthatch, as well as three varities of Junco, including a Slate-colored Junco. I have been following the recent reports of Steller's Jays in urban Arapahoe County these last couple weeks. I have been hoping a Steller's Jay would find my yard what with all the Blue and Woodhouse's Scrub-Jays coming here daily. No such luck yet. 

Ben Sampson
Centennial, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/0a4c076a-2fe6-4849-828f-0c40b26ec9b0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment