Saturday 6 August 2016

[cobirds] Ash-throated Flycatcher at Lowell Ponds SWA today

Hi CoBirders
I saw an Ash-throated Flycatcher this morning on my usual trip to Lowell Ponds SWA, Adams County, I know it is out of range, but I got a good long look, with binos, from about 3 yards and I had remembered to bring T. Floyd's Birds of Colorado along. The first thing I noticed was its long reddish tail and the large size. I was able to see the bushy crest, wingbars and yellowish belly. It made no sounds. Flew NE toward lake Sangraco and S. Platte. After I got home, I checked my Stokes Guide to Western Birds and the only confusion maybe with a Great Crested Flycatcher.
Bob canter, Denver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/2c478623-b7f8-4561-a41b-3ae4a6359051%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment