Wednesday 9 September 2015

[cobirds] Possible Blue-headed Vireo at Deer Creek Canyon, Jefferson County

At about 10:15 this morning (Wed Sept. 9) I saw a bird resembling a Blue-headed Vireo in Deer Creek Canyon Park. It was about 200 to 300 yards down the Plymouth Creek Trail from the junction with the Meadowlark Trail so about a mile up from the trailhead. My view was brief, and I am new to birding, so I cannot say with certainty, but my recollection is consistent with what I see in my field guides. The song it was singing was what caught my attention, and that song is what I mostly rely on for making this possible identification. Sorry no photos.

Ray Brakke
Morrison, Colorado

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/87b83739-4a2b-46c6-ba05-0a71f09a16d8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment