Thursday 31 January 2013

Re: [cobirds] Re: Cobirds and Ebirds reports

I used to have a working map of the Colorado "Notables".  For some reason it has stopped working and I worked on the code tonight to try to fix it, but to no avail.  I have contacted the support crew for the eBird backend to see what I can find out about what I am doing wrong.

For your information, the map used to be a Google Earth Plugin map that displayed anywhere from the last day to last 30 days worth of notable Colorado birds.  "Notable" in this case means any eBird record that caused a flag to be raised to the eBird regional reviewers.  This can be a rarity (Iceland Gull as an example), a large number of individuals (let's say someone reported 10,000 Red-winged Blackbirds), or a bird out of season (recent sightings of American White Pelican).  I will let the list know if this gets back up and running some time in the near future.
 
Bryan Guarente
Instructional Designer
The COMET Program
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
Boulder, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment