Saturday 26 January 2013

[cobirds] Low key big green year, Fort Collins based

Greetings -

I saw Nick Komar today, checking out redpolls at the Discovery Center Museum in Fort Collins.  I mentioned to him that I am doing a big green year and he encouraged me to tell others about it.  Mine will be a low key effort, nothing to match the BIGBY that Christian Nunes did in 2008 (see his excellent blog here).  But I too decided that I no longer feel good about getting in the car or flying to far off places to see a rarity or to add a bird to my life list. 

I will restrict my efforts to either walking or biking from my home in NW Fort Collins.  My list to date stands at 54 species, and a few highlights include northern pygmy owl, northern shrike, spotted towhee, and, of course, the redpolls at the Discovery Center.  It's been a lot of fun, good exercise, and I am learning about more local trails, and out of the way areas to bird in my neighborhood.

Good birding to all,

Rick Schroeder
Fort Collins

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cobirds/-/uRuzBFkbQ_MJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment