Sunday 27 January 2013

RE: [cobirds] Prairie Falcon, Walden Ponds, Boulder County

Thanks to Cara's reminder, I will also add my voice to this as I saw what is presumably the very same bird last Sunday.  This lovely specimen was perched atop a pole in the same vicinity and stuck around for 20 minutes or so.  

Not to rub it in (sorry, Cara!), but I also observed a Prairie Falcon several months ago from the Walden parking lot, where it was perched about 1/8 mile SE from where Cara and I recently saw it.  

While I'm here, I revisited the area today and spotted a Northern Shrike.  

Fun birding,

Jeff Romain
Lafayette, CO, Boulder County

From: cobirds@googlegroups.com [cobirds@googlegroups.com] on behalf of Cara Stiles [cara_stiles@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:13 AM
To: 'cobirds'
Subject: [cobirds] Prairie Falcon, Walden Ponds, Boulder County

Despite how often I frequent Walden Ponds, and have for many years, I have never seen a Prairie Falcon there.  This morning, there was 1 on top of the utility pole between Wally Toevs Pond and Cottonwood.

 

Cara Stiles

Boulder, Colorado

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

  ­­  

No comments:

Post a Comment