Monday 26 November 2012

[cobirds] White-throated Sparrows - Arapahoe County Yard

Cobirders,

I have really enjoyed this fall's migration.....vicariously......by reading Cobirds:)  (I have spent the past 7 weeks mostly at home recovering from surgery and a prior unrelated injury.) It is truly fun, though, reading and imagining the great experiences being had in the field.  One of the interesting aspects of this migration season - the increase? in White-throated Sparrows - did not pass me by!  I have had 3 separate WTSP visits:

10/19/12 - tan-striped adult
11/15/12 - white-striped adult
11/24/12 -  tan-striped adult vs 1st year  This individual had more extensive blurry streaking on sides and an outlined white throat.

Lucky me!  I've actually had more WTSP's than WCSP's.  I also managed to get a glimpse of the Brambling on Friday!

Cheers,

Becky Campbell
Arapahoe Cty. just south of CCSP

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment