Friday 30 November 2012

[cobirds] Bohemian Waxwings--Lakewood-Green Mtn/Jeffco

This morning at 8:30am, I was returning from dropping my daughter off at school. As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed two Waxwings at the top of my neighbors tree. When I got out of the car, I heard the trilled call of Bohemian Waxwings. I sprinted inside and grabbed the binoculars. When I got on the birds, I immediately noticed the reddish undertail coverts and lighter colored birds. While watching the birds, they flew east. I ran to the very birdy backyard hoping they had stopped at the water feature. While searching, a Sharppie flew in and ended the search as the birds scattered. I searched the neighborhood crabapples but came up empty!



Mark Chavez
Lakewood-Green Mtn
http://jaeger29.smugmug.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment