Saturday 24 April 2021

[cobirds] Phenomenal Day along the South Platte River


Walking my patch, running from Bowls Ave to the Northern Wildlife Area just south of Reynodl's Landing Park, along the river I hit an incredible count of birds today, 40 species in a 2 mile walk. Generaly I run a count of 21 birds, with thirty being a rely good day.
All spices of Swallow that can be expected here except Cliff, Northern Rough, Violet-green Tree and Barn, were present. Their was four Buffleheads still present, they usually leave the river and head for the open lakes around the area by this time.
Highlights were Cinnamon Teal, always a joy, and a Wood Duck. The Blue-winged Teals were out in force today also, I counted 13, usually I get four or six. As I walked back to the car I was at 39 and found myself hoping for a Rock Pigeon, not exiting but I hadn't seen it yet that morning and it would put me at 40. Instead of a boring pigeon I got a Black-crowned Night-Heron, more exiting then a pigeon (sorry pigeons your still cool-ish).
Also I found two Audubon Yellow-rumped Warblers, my first warblers of the season. Warblers and singing birds, it's rely starting to sound and look like spring.
Good Birding,
Brian Johnson

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/1bb1f0c3-709b-4b17-9d3a-6cb88d8fd313n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment