Thursday 29 April 2021

[cobirds] FOY Common Yellowthroat, CSR, El Paso Co, Thurs

Hey COBirders,

No big news for Clear Spring Ranch banding today, except that among the very few birds banded today was my FOY Common Yellowthroat, Ad Male.  This is not rare, but what is unusual is that this is by far the latest for my FOY at CSR. I usually catch them starting Day One, around 4/20. Migration is delayed here, for whatever reason.

So far in a week I've banded 60 birds, 1/2 of which are White-crowned Sparrows that winter here and will be leaving soon. 3 Ruby-crowned Kinglets, 1 Audubon's Warbler, 1 Wilson's Warbler, 10 Lincoln's Sparrows.
1 House Wren. Pretty slow to date.

A cool sighting for me, though, was a large flock of American Pipits  (50+) all over a hayfield that was freshly disked yesterday. And I think one was a victim of the resident Am Kestrel, as one was feeding on the ground out there, and nothing else was in the field except Mourning Doves.

On the way out, the 20 White-faced Ibis and 2 Long-billed Curlew were present by the entrance road. That's cool.

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs

No comments:

Post a Comment