Sunday 27 September 2020

[cobirds] Probable LE CONTE’S SPARROW - Weld

Yesterday I went to the ponds at Weld County Rds 61/74 in search of American Golden Plovers (I ended up getting 9). After they flew off I noticed a sparrow sitting in a small tree. At first glance it looked different than any of the other fall sparrows I had seen, but I figured it must be a song or perhaps Savannah so I just snapped a couple photos. After processing them at home I could not quite figure out what I was looking at so I sent them to Cole Wild. After a little deliberation he concluded that it was a Le Conte's Sparrow. Images were posted to the CO Rare Bird Facebook page.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/30535c85-409e-4b17-b2bc-411c6af44cd6n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment