Thursday 30 April 2020

[cobirds] Egret/merganser cooperative fdg Arapahoe county

I was surprised to see a snowy egret and a pair of mergansers going around the edge of the pond together in what appeared to be a cooperative feeding behavior. The video I included shows just a bit of the behavior. When I had first started watching, both species seemed to benefit from the activity.
I had to leave for an appointment and, when I came back, the mergansers were gone, egret still here.
Deb Carstensen, Arapahoe county on the western edge of Littleton.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/D2C853CD-C22E-4122-9494-63D61EE14EB0%40aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment