Monday 28 March 2016

[cobirds] migration notes, Bent County, CO

On 3/28/2016 3:43 PM, Duane Nelson wrote:
Hello birders,

I'm going to try to paste some pictures of recent activity in Bent County, SE Colorado. The first is of a male Red-bellied Woodpecker that persists through today at my Las Animas feeders. The second is a flock composed exclusively of Ross' Geese, taken at upper Verhoeff Reservoir today. Birders must look from US 50. Verhoeff Reservoir is just east of Bent County Road 26.5. Often, in late March and early April here, Ross' Geese remain after Snow Geese have moved north.

Today, I took advantage of calmer winds, and canoed to Tern Island in the middle of Adobe Creek Reservoir so I could do some habitat work. The island and lake straddle the Bent - Kiowa county lines. I saw one Mountain Plover on Bent County Road 10 just north of Road VV. This is the best place I know in SE Colorado to see this species, and I got my first of the year here today.
This email is as much as anything a test for me of how to copy pictures without sending them as an attachment. If this works for me, I hope others try, and it becomes a common way of posting even better information to cobirds.

Duane Nelson, Las Animas, Bent County, CO


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7497 / Virus Database: 4545/11904 - Release Date: 03/28/16


No comments:

Post a Comment