Wednesday 18 February 2015

[cobirds] Tundra Swans at Holcim this afternoon

When I returned from business in Colorado Springs late this afternoon I stopped by Holcim Wetlands to look for the two swans that Rich Miller found earlier this week.  I walked the trail that is open-the south side of the wetlands, looking for the swans extensively without success.  As I started walking back I spotted the two swans flying back in,presumably from feeding some other area.  Both have yellow in their lores, though more apparent on one and only a small amount on the other.  I got photos from the trail on the south side of the pond of them flying in and swimming around the north side of the pond area that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog.

Please note that the trail has still not been repaired since it was seriously damaged by flooding last summer.  So much of the trail is off-limits, the south side of the wetlands is the only open trail.  Please do not violate the trail restrictions placed by Holcim--they are a very large international company that is adverse to exposing the company to lawsuits from claims of injury so may close the entire wetlands to stop access into the damaged area of the trail.  And it would be considerate of the swans need for a lack of disturbance (they remained on the restricted and thus more protected area on the north side of the pond both while I was there and while I watched from my car until dusk) and other birders who would like to see the swans before they are flushed away by disturbance.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckouDnHm0Z9uDTRZedsGAge-cxavAv9WTa2JThLy7cb0HQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment