Thursday 26 February 2015

[cobirds] Harlan's Hawk in Canon City area; Holcim Wetlands pond frozen and swans gone

I spotted a Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk Tuesday as I was driving just east of Canon City. Though I have looked a number of times in the past month I haven't seen any in this area for about 6 weeks.  It was very shy but I did get two good photos of it that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog.

I checked Holcim Wetlands on Tuesday after the big snow storm and bitter cold--the pond was 95% frozen and the swans were gone.  I checked the nearby ponds on H115, Brush Hollow Res and as far on Valco Ponds as can be seen from public access with no sighting of the swans.  Since Holcim Wetlands is less than 20 miles from Pueblo Reservoir they may well be there.

I still have one White-throated Sparrow visiting my yard occasionally.  Today was the first time I saw it visit my feeders but lots of birds including Cassin's Finches were feeding vigorously.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckpVYpCi-ChQ92mKz9BnkEo3JaC0-%2BKypd%3Dist%3DXEP-4qQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment