Saturday 21 February 2015

[cobirds] Re: UnID Duck - Hybrid? Mega? or ??? - 88th Ave and South Platte River (2/21)

Northern Shoveler x Gadwall hybrid is my guess.
 

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO


From: 'Chris Knight' via Colorado Birds <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
To: cobirds@googlegroups.com
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:31 AM
Subject: [cobirds] UnID Duck - Hybrid? Mega? or ??? - 88th Ave and South Platte River (2/21)

Hi All,

I found a duck today (2/21) with a flock of Northern Shovelers which appears to be wild (it was wary). It could be a hybrid, but doesn't fit in to what I can figure out. Maybe someone else would like to guess. Here are the links to photos. I'm still trying to ID it on the internet and thought I'd post it early just in case.


Good birding.


Chris Knight
Northglenn, CO




No comments:

Post a Comment