Friday 25 October 2013

[cobirds] BRANT at Equalizer Lake, Larimer Co.; Oct. 25

Hello, birders.

I am new to Colorado and have enjoyed my time here so far.  I hope this post goes through, as my posts earlier this fall have not.

I birded Equalizer Lake early this evening.  While standing at the south end of the lake looking at gulls that were standing along the lake edge at around 6pm, a BRANT of the Atlantic race flew in.  I obtained a good look at the bird, who was present for several minutes before it disappeared while I was talking with another birder who saw me and wandered over to see what I was looking at.  I'm glad that someone else saw it before it left!

I took crummy photos of the Brant through my scope.

Scott Baron
Loveland, Colorado

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAKO-by_4W%3Df9fBWxiV0XaNC5BD8%3DtcY9V3%2BHhi3KfPzdbpCGMw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment