Thursday 27 June 2013

[cobirds] RFI: technique for seeing Black Swifts at Zapata Falls

Trying for Black Swifts at Zapata Falls in San Luis Valley next week. Delayed lifer for me and a birding friend visiting next week.

 

Hoping that others can reply to me privately (jjones@jonestc.com) with the basic plan to see black swifts at this location. I have been to the falls in the daytime before, so I am familiar with the layout. Just looking for how to go about maximizing my opportunity for sightings. Things such as; do I just sit at the top of the falls pre-sunrise or post-sunset and await the birds to come diving in? Can you view nest sites from within the chasm?

 

Please reply privately unless you think your response has value to the rest of the group.

 

Thanks.

 

Jeff J Jones

(jjones@jonestc.com)

Teller County - 8500' - Montane Woodlands

 

No comments:

Post a Comment