Thursday 30 June 2022

[cobirds] Cordilleran Flycatcher, Arapahoe Co.

Hello all,


An addition to the posts about Cordilleran Flycatcher on the plains. After I arrived back in Colorado from Africa in late May, I stayed with friends in Centennial for about three weeks. The house is adjacent to the Big Dry Creek Trail between E. Easter Ave. and E. Dry Creek Rd. in Centennial. On June 15, I was surprised to hear a Cordilleran Flycatcher singing and calling at the house. It was there for about 30 minutes and then either left or fell silent. That was the only day in the three weeks I heard it either at the house or on my numerous walks on the Big Dry Creek trail, so the bird did not seem to be resident.


Bob Andrews

Yekepa, Liberia, West Africa

Currently staying in Centennial and Castlewood


No comments:

Post a Comment