I believe I'm hearing clay-colored sparrows in my yard. I haven't gotten a great look yet, but their song sure is distinctive!
-- I'm pretty sure I've got a field sparrow as well. I only hear an individual and I haven't seen it at all.
Anyone else heard/seen clay-colored or field sparrows in eastern Larimer/western Weld counties?
So far it's been a pretty quiet spring in my yard. The robins and blue jays are sitting on eggs. There are 2 western chorus frogs in my garden pond.
I found a dead chipping sparrow on my driveway, right at the edge of the road. Hit by car, I suspect.
Ann Donoghue
CR 3 and C-14
east of Fort Collins, CO
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/96728e28-b349-480f-af77-07735f58757b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
No comments:
Post a Comment