Hi, All!
-- I spent the weekend in the San Luis Valley and passed by several wetlands and waterbodies. Other than a bunch of Sage Thrashers at Alamosa NWR, it was pretty quiet until I got to Russell Lakes SWA. The ponds there were very crowded, and species included (in no particular order):
Blue-winged Teal
Cinnamon Teal
Northern Shoveler
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Canvasback
Redhead
Ring-necked Duck
Ruddy Duck
Bufflehead
American Coot
Mallard
Canada Goose
There may have been other species as well, but I don't have a spotting scope and had trouble seeing more distant birds due to the sheer density of individuals and the turbulence caused by the stiff wind. Someone with a scope could probably pull out more species. In the adjacent fields there were several Sandhill Cranes. There was at least one Northern Harrier working the fields. I heard a single Marsh Wren. Earlier (in Monte Vista), I saw an Osprey standing in the middle of a tilled field.
-Amber Carver
Littleton, CO
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAFG0sBrrae-CXh64ObyUKZRBb9_8iDN9BvnN6Dz8Ep0LpkfWw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
No comments:
Post a Comment