Sunday 26 January 2014

[cobirds] Greater white fronted but not! Arapahoe count

I just had a goose on my pond that I initially thought was a greater white fronted goose but realized there was little to no white at the base of its beak. The beak was mostly orange, darker at the base and had a black tip to it. The legs were the classic bright orange.
When I looked back to study it more carefully, it was gone! It just made me think about the taiga bean goose that was in Kansas and made me wonder… It is no longer here. I live in Arapaho County a few miles north of Chatfield reservoir so you might want to keep your eyes out for this unusual goose. I'm even closer to the South Platte reservoir… Another place to look.
I'm sure it could be some kind of hybrid but I just wanted to let everyone know that the goose was here in case they were in the area and wanted to keep your eyes out for it. Deb Carstensen, Arapaho County
Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/11C2B372-2B1B-4E19-B803-4793009AC00F%40aol.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment