I found 15 or more Hermit Thrushes in less than 15 minutes in only a hundred feet in and around the Sell's Lake parking area for the Canon City Riverwalk. I subsequently found 2 more Hermit Thrush almost 3 miles east of there near the McKenzie Ave parking area for the Riverwalk plus one more on agricultural lands about a half mile north of the Riverwalk. This is also an unusual number of birds for this area as this species is usually seen as single birds in Fremont County.
After finding a lone Wilson's Phalarope at Sell's Lake at midday, I found 18 more Wilson's Phalaropes a 4-5 miles east of Sell's Lake, swimming in the Arkansas River. This species is uncommonly in Fremont County.
I also found good sized flock of 30-35 American Pipits in a flooded agricultural field just to east of Canon City. This is a rather high number for my area as we usually see only 1 to a few of this species and they have been reported on a rather uncommon basis in this area. --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
No comments:
Post a Comment